April 20, 2017

You Know You're a Quilter If...

I've done a few things recently that made me kind of laugh at myself and think "that's the quilter in me coming out," so I thought I'd share my thoughts on our quilter idiosyncracies 😊


You Know You're a Quilter If... | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com

How many times have I done this? I'm barely even finished congratulating the person telling me their news and already I'm trying to decide which quilt pattern will best fit the situation. Or I'm wondering if I should design something especially for them. Or I know exactly what quilt to make, but I'm planning out possible colour combinations.


You Know You're a Quilter If... | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com

My mother-in-law watched me fold a load of laundry a few months ago and commented that she would iron all of those T-shirts before she put them away. I just laughed. Iron clothes? That doesn't happen around here unless someone is going to wear the clothes that day. I'm certainly not ironing anything that's being put away before being worn. And yet my iron is in such heavy use that it stays out on the counter all the time, lol.


You Know You're a Quilter If... | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com

This was me on our recent trip, except I had left my phone at the hotel so I actually made Paul take the picture 😊 I couldn't let the opportunity pass by, it was a great hexagon design! Which reminds me, I should probably get him to give me the picture...Oh, and my X Marks the Spot mini quilt pattern was inspired by a manhole cover. You can see the picture I took of it in this post.


You Know You're a Quilter If... | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com

Even just a day out of town means I have to stock my Sew Together bag for EPP, since any trip out of town requires quite a bit of driving time. And I always take way more than I need, because I really wouldn't want to run out of things to work on!


You Know You're a Quilter If... | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com

To me, this seems like such an easy gift to buy. Go into the fabric store, pick any of the pretty fabrics and it will be perfect. Any fabric would get used eventually, right? And since I could easily spend $100 every time I set foot in the fabric store, I know there's a lot there I want, lol. But I've been told (by my non-quilting husband) that buying fabric is hard. That doesn't stop me from always wanting fabric for gifts, though 😊


Those are my 5 ways to know you're a quilter, but what did I miss? How would you finish the sentence "You know you're a quilter if..."?

6 comments:

  1. You know you are a quilter if... you are standing in line at the grocery store and your start noticing and pulling loose threads from your clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are hysterical but so true, including Paige's. The iron one is my favorite...my daughter probably doesn't even realize people use them to get wrinkles out of their clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can use an iron for clothing?!? Not in my house! :) These are great, Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. I can identify with them all. Would love to share your post if that's OK. A link to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely a quilter Leanne! We can all identify with those :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.